Monday, May 14, 2012

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

After spending the last two days relaxing and enjoying the weekend with my boyfriend, I don't have any fun photos to share. We spent Saturday going for a nice, long walk and then went to dinner and watched the New York Rangers win game 7! Sunday we picked up some take out and saw the new Avengers movie. It was fabulous! My dad let me know my mom loved the Mother's Day gifts he, my sister, and I picked out for her, so that was a complete success! I went the entire weekend without purchasing a new pair of shoes or wearing a cute outfit. I hardly even cooked. Since I didn't have any good weekend adventures, I thought today would be a good day to share my Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe! They are very easy to put together and so very yummy!

Pick up:
A couple boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I normally make 3 for Josh and I, he eats 2),
Low-fat feta cheese block,
Bag of spinach,
Italian salad dressing

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large pyrex with cooking spray. Take your chicken breasts, rinse them off, and then stab them repeatedly all over with a fork so they will absorb some of the flavor of the Italian dressing. Then cut them almost all the way in half so that they are open faced and put them into the pyrex. Slice your block of feta into several slices, don't worry about it if they crumble a bit. Rinse your spinach leaves and rip off the stems. Now you're ready to put them together!




Once you've got your chicken breasts cut open, you can layer in spinach leaves, feta, and then more spinach leaves. You can also squirt a little Italian dressing inside with the spinach and feta. Once you've got them each stuffed, you can go ahead and close the chicken breasts. Go ahead now and squirt the Italian salad dressing over the top of each chicken breast. Don't hesitate to use a lot and let it pool in the bottom of the pyrex. Now go ahead and stick them into the oven. Depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, you can expect them to take about 50 minutes to a little over an hour. You want to be able to cut the thickest part of the chicken breast and have it be white on the inside with no pinkness. Then you can plate them and put a couple spoonfuls of the juices and dressings in the pan over the top of each.



The finished product!



This meal is perfect served with green beans, asparagus, or a nice spinach salad. You can even use some of that feta on top! This is a yummy, easy meal! Just make sure if you save some for leftovers, that you add some of the dressing/juices to the tupperware.


No comments:

Post a Comment