Tuesday, May 22, 2012

30 Things...


Thirty Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30. What started as a list article in Glamour magazine has turned into a cult favorite. It is a timeless, ageless list for women to use as a how-to guide for staying sane, grounded, and successful in life.

My favorites from the 30 things you should have:

#2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.

#3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.

#6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.

#11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.

My favorites from the 30 things you should know:

#3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.

#6. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the best tailor in town.

#12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.

#13. Who you can trust, who you can’t, and why you shouldn’t take it personally.

When I heard this list was turned into a book of essays by influential women on each of the 30 Things, I knew it would be amazing. I was not let down. This compilation offers a range of advice and perspectives. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. After I finished this book, I went back to Amazon and bought one for my sister for her graduation. I encourage all young women to not only read, but purchase this book. It's a keeper. I look forward to going back to it, and I am determined to do my best to complete the list before I make it to 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment