Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Love Makeup, But It's A Great Feeling When You Take It All Off

My new go to makeup remover wipes.

My pink Clarisonic

I love makeup. It's fun to play with and create different looks or highlight different features. When I was younger, I would get all made up, go out, come home, and crash into my bed. Sometimes I would even go through most of the next day without washing my face, because sometimes my makeup would look really good the next morning. After I wiped the eyeliner/mascara smudges left behind from sleeping in a face full of makeup. This was of course a terrible habit. Sleeping in your makeup both clogs your pores and ages your skin. I am now obsessive about taking all of my makeup off when I get home at the end of the day. There is nothing that feels better than getting it all off and going to bed with nice, clean, moisturized skin. My skin has also been thanking me for it by not breaking out. I've found that the best way to clean my skin is to gently wipe my makeup off with a makeup remover wipe first. Then I cleanse with Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser. I also use Purpose Gentle Facial Cleanser. I have one in the shower and the other at my sink, so I use them both. They are both very gentle and non drying. I hopped on the Clarisonic band wagon a couple months ago, and I'm thankful for it. I use it about once, maybe twice a week to get nice, clean, and exfoliated skin. It's definitely not for daily use, but it's a great addition to my clean skin product line up. And yes, it is worth the rather hefty price tag. This is one of those beauty tools that you should not skimp on and get the cheap alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment