Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What You Should Be Reading, Magazine Love

W and Garden & Gun

I LOVE to read, and not just to fill the awkward silence when you go and get your nails done by yourself. Books, blogs, magazines, newspapers, doesn’t matter to me. I like to read in bed, in the bath, at the pool, on my couch, on the plane, and in the doctor’s office. If I find something interesting, I will read anywhere. I tend to judge people who don’t like to read. I know that is terrible, but it’s true. There is only one person in the world I adore who dislikes reading and she is my Nanny. That woman could get away with murder as far as I am concerned. Regardless, I wanted to give a shout out and recommend two of my favorite magazines, W and Garden & Gun. 

W is one of the few true fashion magazines out there. W caught me years ago with one of their annual art issues and I was hooked! This magazine is always on the cutting edge of fashion and beauty right down to the beautifully photographed advertisements. W is also smart and sophisticated with fabulous articles on not just fashion, but culture and art.

Garden & Gun is an eclectic mixture of southern culture, recipes, beautiful landscaping, and of course hunting, guns, and knives. This magazine is clever and there is literally an article that would appeal to anyone in each issue. Reading Garden & Gun is like flirting with a cute guy with a southern accent, it just pulls you in and you are hopeless to deny it.

Both of these mags are smart. I do not feel like I am reading something written for someone half my age. They are fabulous reads, and you should be reading them! Give ‘em a try and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment