Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stella's, Traverse City

In the last year my family has fallen in love with Stella's in Traverse City. This restaurant makes everything fresh, so the menu changes daily. They make all of their own cheeses, butcher their own meats, and make all of their own pastas. Stella's purchases foods from local farms, and provide a list of each farm they buy from and what they get from each on the menu. I tend to be a picky eater, but I will try anything from Stella's, it's that good. One of the dishes I ordered this past weekend is called Lardo. Not kidding, that was the name. Once I saw it on the menu, I knew I had to ask what exactly Lardo entailed. It was pig fat. House cured pig fat, shaved thin with rosemary, honey mustard, maple red delicious apples, and toasted pecans. Evan after or server, Stewart gave me the answer, I still decided to give it a shot. I was at Stella's so I knew it would probably be fabulous. I was not disappointed, it was great! However, we all agreed that they should probably change the name. Anything that beautiful and delicious should not have such a sad name. Stella's also has an extensive wine selection, with some fabulous Italian wines. My family decided to celebrate Easter by having dinner there this past weekend, and it was incredible!



White Pizza

Lardo.

Oysters.

Selection of Pastas and risotto.

Chef's cut for the night was pork, Josh's just happened to look like Michigan.

I got a little excited for dessert since I ordered a Blueberry Crostata (blueberry pie) with caramel and sea salt gelato, so I forgot to take a photo before I devoured it. I did get a photo of the last bite of Josh's Gianduitto Torta (kind of like a piece of chocolate cake), which was amazing!



The photos cannot even do it justice. Stella's Executive Chef/Proprietor, Myles Anton, creates beautiful, sophisticated, and delightful courses. If you find yourself in Traverse City, it is a must for lunch or dinner! 

You can call for reservations (231) 929-8989, or find them on the web StellaTC.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment