Monday, April 23, 2012

Busy, Busy Bee/Social Butterfly

This past weekend was action packed. I had a lot going on, but it was a blast! I got inducted into the DAR, spent Saturday night at a beautiful cocktail party, and couched it all day yesterday watching hockey while eating take out/nursing a minor hang over.

My official DAR pin and Kate Spade pearls.

Sara, Josh, and I at Centaur

Shay

Dee

Sara

The cocktail party Saturday night was at Centaur downtown, we had the second floor to ourselves and open bar with all kinds of fun martinis. I noticed, like myself, all the girls had cute little bags and clutches. I was curious to see what they considered beauty essentials for a night out. While toting such small bags, space is at a premium and you can only cary what is most important. I checked out Shay, Dee, and Sara's beauty must haves for a night out. I noticed they all left bronzers, powders, blushes, and brushes at home. Instead they were armed with lip balm and gloss in varying shades of pinks and reds. While Shay was loyal to one gloss for the night, Dee, like myself had several different shades of lip gloss. Sara was clearly the smartest bringing some hair goodies as well.

Yes, I also made them all hand over their phones. The cases were all too fabulous not to document!

Randi and Dee had some of my fav shoes of the night!

Hank was more interested in my straw than the hockey game.

1 comment:

  1. I have realized through what can only be called a "series of unfortunate events during more fortunate nights" that hair essentials are a must. Too many times have I found myself in an unexpected dance-off and my hair is in dier need of a poof with bobby pins and a jazzy pony-tail. ;-)

    ReplyDelete