Tuesday, April 3, 2012

POP!

It’s time for some COLOR! I’ve noticed a big trend in color blocking and wearing neutrals or darks with a pop of color this season. I am a black, grey, and white kind of gal, but I have been embracing adding some color into my wardrobe and it has been working out really well for me! I have been embracing mostly pinks, corals, and oranges, but blues and greens work just as well!


Colorful tops are one of the easiest ways to spice up some black or gray bottoms. A colorful top can make a black blazer much more interesting and help transition such a staple piece of my wardrobe into the spring.

Talbots blazer and top

Pashmenas and colorful scarves are another great way to incorporate a vibrant hue without being overwhelming.

I got these from a street cart in Paris, but you can find them all over the place these days.

If you want to wear more than one color, make sure it coordinates, like this purple skirt and pink and purple scarf. With a black top and shoes, this would make a great sophisticated outfit with some fun color!

Chicos skirt and Charming Charlie’s scarf

I am also a big fan of bright jewelry!

Bright tourquoise earrings I received as a gift and love to wear with purple tops.

Different green bracelets. The enamel one is from Banana Republic, and the other three my dad brought back from Africa.

I think thin, colorful bracelets are fun to stack and can add a fun, eclectic element to an otherwise flat outfit.

BAGS! This is the easiest way to incorporate color without having to worry too much about coordinating with your entire outfit. A bright bag looks good, and does not necessarily have to match perfectly with what you are wearing. This bright green Dooney & Bourke number is one of my favorite bags because it's big enough to put a change of clothes (or shoes) into it, it has the softest leather, and this shade of green looks amazing with almost any other color. This pink and orange color block leather clutch is a great addition to an outfit for a night out and I cannot wait to break it in this summer!

Green Dooney & Bourke bag, Pink and Orange Audrey Brooke Clutch. 

Naturally, my all time favorite way to pop color is with a great pair of brightly colored shoes! I cannot wait to bust these out of the closet as the weather is getting warmer!

Talbots wedge with coordinating Talbots cardigan.

BCBG

Hank's pop of color. He hated it.

Please remember that the key to this trend is to have the colorful part of the outfit POP. Choose one or two colors max at a time. Your colorful addition should not be lost among five different colors in the same get up. An outfit is a coordinating combination of clothing, shoes and accessories. A get up is a combination of too many colors and patterns that all blend together and make you look like a clown. Make sure you can distinguish between the two before you walk out of the house. Now go forth and POP some color! 

No comments:

Post a Comment