Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
This Christmas photo of the Scully children and dogs took only 15 minutes (we couldn't keep everyone still any longer), 3 photographers, and about a billion photos. This is one of the better ones.

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year. I love everything about Christmas, from the decorations to the music, and of course the presents! I've decided on this Christmas Eve to share some of my favorite Christmas things! 

Here we go:


Holiday themed treats.


Festive centerpieces.

 

Christmas trees! 


Ornaments!

While I prefer real, large, Christmas trees decked out in lights and ornaments; this year Josh and I had to settle for a rather small fake Alberta Spruce from Target. It fits perfectly in our living room and it also provided a great toy for Hank...he LOVES the box! We are in the process of beginning an ornament collection so that as the years go by we get a fully decked out tree. 


Decorations!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE holiday decorations! Above is the exterior of the Hecker-Smiley Mansion, one of the most beautiful historic homes in Detroit. I attended a DAR meeting in this city treasure, and had the pleasure of a tour of the first floor of the home, an insight to the home's history, and best of all a chance to see this amazing home decked out for Christmas!


Hecker-Smiley front entrance.

Now I am off to enjoy some more holiday music as I finish wrapping and relaxing before venturing out with Josh to visit family members.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment