Sunday, February 24, 2013

My City Is NOT Miserable!


I LOVE Detroit! I go out to eat here. I go out for drinks here. I work here. I shop here. I live here. 

From the beautiful view of the river from my apartment to the amazing city scape you can see from the water, Detroit is beautiful. There is so much life in this city, but it's hard to see it from states away. This past week Forbes ranked Detroit #1 on their list of America's Most Miserable Cities in 2013. I thinks it's deplorable for a magazine that considers itself "Information for the World's Business Leaders" to further our city's bad reputation when we are fighting to bring this city back to greatness. 

There are more and more jobs and young adults moving to Detroit these days. This city is just starting to build more commercial and residential buildings, while tearing down abandoned homes across town that are inviting crime. Those of us who live here, work here, and go to school here are proud to say we love Detroit. While our previous mayor is on trial and our city is nearly bankrupt, we are still fighting. Detroit is still bringing in business and jobs. For the first time in 20 years, Detroit is submitting an application to be considered the next city for the summer Olympics location. Our city should be encouraged by periodicals like Forbes, not taking cheap shots so that more of the World's Business Leaders will buy more magazines or send more traffic to forbes.com.

It is easy to get caught up in the crime and violence that frames Detroit in the media, but if you walk the streets, eat in the restaurants, skate in Campus Martius, shop at Eastern Market, catch a wings game at the Joe or a Tiger's game at Comerica Park, that is when you see beyond the news stories.

This is the real Detroit.

Clark Park

Historic Homes

Amazing Cityscapes



Great Food!

I LOVE DETROIT


No comments:

Post a Comment